I’m Candace, a 30 year old wife, mother, photographer, DIY-er, and revived blogger after quite a hiatus. I first started a LiveJournal when I was 19 and a sophomore in college. I’ve chronicled my entire relationship with my now husband, Steve, who is now a Major in the Army and the budget officer for MRMC (medical research and materiel command) at Fort Detrick, MD (we’ve been together over 10 years). If you ever want to laugh, feel free to browse my older entries. You could really tell I was a silly college kid then.
I have a toddler, Caleb, who is so funny, smart and loving. He makes me laugh and makes life interesting. He’s got a quick temper and can be stubborn–a trait he got from both parents. He also loves to sing, dance, anything that has to do with trains, planes or cars, and will fight me for the last mushrooms on the pizza.
I have three dogs: Salado is a 12 year old cocker spaniel/black lab mix, Dakota (aka Cody) is an 8 year old chihuahua/doxis mix and Coco is a 4 year old boston terrier. They were my first babies, my models before Caleb came along and a happy face to greet me at the door when Steve was away on deployments.
I started my own photography business on September of 2011 after moving around with the Army. When we lived in Texas, I was a senior map analyst at First American Flood Data Co. and an executive assistant to a VP of the systems dept. at Charles Schwab, but my love was always for photos and cameras. When we moved to Virginia, I decided to make my dream a reality and Candace Schwab Photography was born.
I was born in and raised in Massachusetts where my family still resides today. Steve and I worked at the same farm when we were 11 and 13 and also attended the same high school, but never knew of each other until my best friend, Becky, introduced us. The rest is history
Other random facts about me:
- I don’t drink coffee
- I don’t like cooked fruit
- I did a cartwheel on the Great Wall of China
- I have 3 younger brothers
- I love horror flicks
- I have my own custom bowling ball
- My husband has drank wine made from snakes and deer penis
- The best meal I’ve ever had was a ribeye steak at El Gaucho in Aruba
- Swimming at the Devils Pool at Victoria Falls is on my bucket list
- The Deftones are on the top 3 of my favorite bands
- My favorite color is green
- I don’t paint my fingernails
- I used to wear silver lipstick
- I ran my first half marathon on Valentine’s Day 2011
- In one year, I’ve lived in three different states (TX, VA and MD)
- I once left our “holiday” tree up all year
- Oh yeah, I LOVE cheesecake!